seicho(u) [japanese] = growth/development foundation = basis/principle
At its core, seicho is growth and evolution. What began as late-night brainstorms for guerrilla multimedia projects in public spaces to shift the perspective of passersby developed into the formation of a non-profit. seicho formally opened with producing workshops and showcases for underserved and homeless youth in Los Angeles, including a weekly sewing clinic at youth drop-in centers and art auction/ galleries.
However the nagging dream of using audio and visuals to benefit society at large remained. We paused, incubated and have come full circle. With new experiences, skills and insight, our vision has evolved to promote not only a shift in perspective, but overall balance in the individual and society. Trough art, in action.
PAST ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS OF seicho INCLUDE
: wkshps :
- summer music workshop for youth at Abode Communities
- sewing instruction and repair clinic at MFP and Aviva Center
: installs + events :
- LAYN @ tuff sissy : multimedia installation featuring artwork from youth at LAYN [Video]
- turbulence : nowhere to go but up : music showcase by youth from MFP @ Liberation
- as life holds on tight : photo gallery by youth from MFP @ Liberation. also shown for DTLA Artwalk @ Clifton’s [Video]